Her heart swelled with a strange contentment. She burrowed into his embrace, shaking her head slightly before remembering her indignation. She nipped at his shoulder, a soft complaint escaping her lips.
"You were so rough."
She felt like she'd been thoroughly ravaged. "A little rough is good," he said, lifting her face from his chest, a low chuckle rumbling in his throat as his lips brushed against hers. "Were you uncomfortable, baby? You were so wet."
Yan Zhen blushed, burying her face against him again, only to be pulled back for another kiss. They clung to each other, lost in the tender afterglow. As her mind cleared, Yan Zhen became acutely aware of her sweat-drenched body, the aching in her muscles. The soreness between her legs throbbed. Exhausted, she pushed against Chen Huaixu.
"I need a shower. Carry me."
“Not yet," he murmured, kissing her nose and reaching for the c0ndoms on the nightstand. "We'll shower later. Let's do it again."
"...Ah?" She blinked, confusion evident in her eyes. "Again?"
"Of course," he said, gently pinching her cheek. "One more time tonight, then we'll stop. After tonight, there won't be a limit."
Yan Zhen had a sinking feeling that she’d made a terrible mistake getting into Chen Huaixu’s bed. "Chen Huaixu, you–!" Her indignant gasp was quickly swallowed by a soft moan, a sound so sweet it could melt honey. "I don't want to... How are you already hard again?... Mmm... You bastard! Don't touch there! You're... Gently..."
The embers of their passion reignited, flaring into a consuming inferno that filled the room. The bedsprings creaked beneath them, the sounds of their lovemaking echoing through the night. It wasn't until the early hours of the morning that they finally found respite.
***
The shrill ringing of the bedside phone shattered the peaceful silence, startling the sleeping couple. Yan Zhen frowned, nuzzling deeper into Chen Huaixu’s embrace, seeking refuge from the intrusive noise.
Chen Huaixu rose, pressing a kiss to her cheek and tucking the covers around her exposed shoulder, a canvas marked with the evidence of their passionate night. He reached for her phone on the nightstand. He hadn't intended to answer, but his finger hovered over the decline button as he saw the name on the screen. Liang Yu. He hesitated, then swiped to answer. "Zhenzhen, why did it take so long to answer?" a man's voice, warm and bright as the March sunshine, filled the room.
"Were you sleeping in again?" Chen Huaixu glanced down at Yan Zhen, still fast asleep, her bare shoulder bearing the marks of his possession. "I'm back in Ningchuan, just got off the plane. I didn't tell you beforehand because I wanted to surprise you," Liang Yu continued, his voice laced with a gentle smile. "I brought you a gift from Africa. I think you'll love it. Are you free today? I can come pick you up."
A silence hung in the air. "Zhenzhen?" Liang Yu prompted, a hint of confusion in his voice. Chen Huaixu paused, then spoke, his voice smooth and measured. "Hello, may I ask who's calling? Zhenzhen is still asleep. If it's important, I can pass along the message."