Yan Zhao sighed.

Yan Zhen rummaged through his closet for game cartridges and stumbled upon his high school graduation photo. As if she had discovered a new continent, she studied it with curiosity. Everyone in the photo was wearing the same blue and white uniform, packed together so tightly that it was hard to make out individual faces.

But Yan Zhen still recognized Yan Zhao. He was tall, and with his striking features, he managed to make even the standard uniform look effortlessly cool.

And standing next to Yan Zhao was Chen Huaixu.

His face held a completely different aura from Yan Zhao's, but no less captivating. His expression was neutral, his gaze calm as he looked at the camera, his posture straight and tall, standing there like a pine tree.

Seeing Yan Zhen sitting there motionless for a long time, Yan Zhao came over and glanced at the photo. "It's just a high school graduation photo. What's so interesting about it?"

Yan Zhen pointed at Chen Huaixu. "I don't remember you two being in the same class in high school."

"This was a combined photo of the two advanced classes."

Yan Zhao and Chen Huaixu had been in different classes in high school. They hadn't known each other initially, but their rivalry for the top spot in their year gradually turned them into friends.

Yan Zhen continued scanning the photo, her eyes lighting up. "There's a beautiful girl in your class!"

Yan Zhao glanced at the photo and chuckled. "She once asked me to deliver a love letter to Chen Huaixu."

Yan Zhen's finger twitched. "Really?"

"Why would I lie to you?" Yan Zhao drawled.

"...Did Chen Huaixu accept?"

"Of course not. He said he doesn't date in school. But I suspect he just wasn't interested in that type."

"Then what type does he like?"

Yan Zhen blurted out the question instinctively, then realized she sounded a bit too eager. She quickly tried to cover it up. "I'm just curious, asking casually."

"Hmm." Yan Zhao looked at her with a smile, feigning deep thought. "He probably likes the clueless type, the kind who create their own problems."

"...What do you mean?"

"Exactly what I just said." Yan Zhao pulled her up from the floor. "Your Highness, please have mercy. I really need to sleep. I don't want to drive drowsy tomorrow."

Yan Zhao half-shoved her towards the door. Just as he was about to close it, Yan Zhen couldn't help but ask, "One last question!"

Yan Zhao leaned against the doorframe with one hand. "Go ahead."

"What if... I mean, what if!" Yan Zhen's eyes darted around, her voice hesitant. "A man... uh... suddenly... becomes... very good at sweet-talking... when he's usually not like that..."

Yan Zhao's smile deepened. "That depends on the situation."

Yan Zhen looked confused.

"If he's just trying to coax you into bed, then he's a complete scumbag. I suggest you slap him."


Want to read the advanced chapters, or even directly until the end? Click here for more info.
Comments

Comments

Show Comments