The housekeeper cautiously glanced at Yue Linze's expression and frowned. "I believe Miss Tao isn't that kind of person. Perhaps she's just toying with him. What do you think? After all, the 50,000 yuan we offer her is barely enough."
Yue Linze's response was silence. The housekeeper sighed inwardly and stared more intently at his phone, thinking that only Miss Tao's actions could prove her true intentions.
Yue Linying narrowed his eyes. "Miss Tao is that agreeable?"
"What choice do I have? You have the evidence. If I don't agree, you wouldn't let me stay here, would you?" Tao Yu raised an eyebrow.
Yue Linying chuckled. "Miss Tao's words don't sound very amicable. Cooperation requires satisfaction from both parties. In Miss Tao's current state, perhaps we don't need to continue this conversation."
"Do you think I'm being petulant?" Tao Yu looked at him in surprise, then laughed after a moment. "Mr. Linying, you're quite the joker. What adult would be upset over something like this? I said, as long as you offer more money, I'm willing to work for you."
Yue Linying stared intently at Tao Yu, the wariness in his eyes still present. "Really?"
"Of course," Tao Yu glanced sideways at him. "You've probably already investigated. I need money, desperately. As long as I'm paid, I don't care who my employer is."
Hearing her so frankly admit her lack of loyalty, the housekeeper was instantly exasperated. "Miss Tao, how can she say such a thing? She seemed like a decent person, but I didn't expect her standards to be so low. Willing to take anyone's money. Is the amount we offer that insignificant?" He paused, then coughed. "Even if it's less, betraying us so quickly… Sir, Miss Tao is young and might be deceived by bad people. Perhaps I should bring her back."
"No need," Yue Linze said indifferently.
The housekeeper looked at him hesitantly, then fell silent when he received no further response. He figured if Tao Yu and Yue Linying continued their conversation, they would inevitably reach an agreement. Since his employer wasn't intervening, it seemed he hadn't changed his mind about dismissing Tao Yu.
"I believe that. But if one day, Linze offers you a higher price, will you switch sides again?" Despite being the one pursuing this collaboration, Yue Linying felt uncertain after witnessing her easy agreement.
Tao Yu chuckled softly. "Do you think, given Yue Linze's personality, he would waste so much money on a traitor?"
Of course not. If she were caught, Yue Linze would make her pay tenfold. Deeply familiar with Yue Linze's character, Yue Linying finally felt reassured after hearing Tao Yu's words.
He smiled amiably. "Fifteen million yuan for an informant is a bit steep, but I admire Miss Tao's personality. Using this money to buy a chance to cooperate with you is worth it." He extended his right hand.
Tao Yu stared at his hand for a moment, then smiled. "Although Yue Linze doesn't often return to the old residence, this is still his home. He likely has many informants here. We should be cautious."
Yue Linying immediately retracted his hand. "Miss Tao is right."
As soon as he finished speaking, a servant emerged from the storage room with a box of aged tea. Tao Yu nodded at Yue Linying and quickly said, "I'll send you my bank account information when I get back."
Yue Linying responded discreetly. They exchanged glances and turned to leave.
Tao Yu walked forward with a smile and dignified demeanor. Once around the corner, she let out a few deep breaths and strode towards her bedroom.
Yue Linze coldly switched off the listening device. The housekeeper looked at him with some difficulty. "Sir, what should we do next?" Whether to dismiss her immediately or play along, the decision rested with his employer.
It was a pity. The listening device proved Tao Yu wasn't sent by either side, but it also proved she wasn't a person of strong resolve. Yue Linying's small favor could sway her allegiance. Such a person, if not used, should never be kept by the master's side.
Yue Linze didn't answer, seemingly unconcerned. After a moment of silence, the door opened, and Tao Yu walked in with a smile. "Mr. Yue, your aged tea."