Chapter 1 - The CEO is Sick


“Sir, please, I beg you, give me another chance! My daughter is still young, I don’t want to go to jail, sir!” A middle-aged man knelt on the ground, sobbing uncontrollably. His hands trembled as he braced himself, wanting to touch the wheelchair before him, yet not daring to.


Tao Yu witnessed this scene upon entering. Catching the housekeeper's warning glance, she discreetly stood in the corner, observing the handsome man in the wheelchair.  He was her target: Yue Linze.


Yue Linze calmly watched the wailing man. His housekeeper frowned. “You leaked the company's bidding price to our rival. And you expect me to forgive you?” 


He then summoned security.


Seeing the approaching guards, the man desperately clutched at Yue Linze’s wheelchair.  “Sir, please give me one more chance! I swear I’ll never betray the company again, sir!”


Yue Linze impassively pressed a button on his wheelchair's remote. The chair rolled over the man's fingers, eliciting a scream of agony. Tao Yu winced. The wheelchair's design, clearly built for stability with a weighted base, combined with Yue Linze’s weight, meant the man’s hand was likely crushed.


Indeed, after security dragged the man away like a dead dog, Tao Yu saw a small bloodstain on the floor.


“Who are you?” Yue Linze asked calmly, as if he hadn’t just injured someone.


Tao Yu’s eyes subtly assessed him. His features and physique were naturally striking, complemented by an innate nobility and coldness. Even seated in a wheelchair, he exuded an overwhelming aura of power.


‘A difficult target to win over,’ she thought.  Tao Yu smiled. “Hello, Mr. Yue. I'm Tao Yu, your new rehabilitation therapist. I'll be responsible for all your rehabilitation until you recover.”


Yue Linze glanced at his housekeeper, who looked embarrassed. “Sir, this appointment was scheduled previously, so…”


“Get out.” Yue Linze’s lips barely moved, his bright eyes narrowing into sharp slits. The housekeeper sighed and nodded to the security guards returning from removing the man.


Tao Yu paused, frowning.  “Mr. Yue, I'm here to help you. You shouldn't reject me. Trust me, if you commit to rehabilitation, your leg will heal.”


Yue Linze looked at her coldly. He’d heard those words countless times since waking up from his accident. The truth was, no matter how hard he tried, he would never be normal again. These so-called doctors, who took his money but failed to fulfill their promises, were all liars.


Seeing the approaching guards, Tao Yu spoke faster. “Mr. Yue, please believe in my abilities. I'm different from those other doctors. I specialize in leg rehabilitation. With my help, you… Hey! Let go!”


Before she could finish, two large security guards grabbed her and dragged her away. Panic flared. She’d chosen to enter this world as a rehabilitation therapist, believing it the easiest way to get close to him.  She hadn’t expected Yue Linze to be so resistant.


She couldn't be thrown out. If she was, she’d lose her chance to get close to him, and her mission would fail.


Struggling fiercely, Tao Yu maintained a calm voice. “Mr. Yue, this is unacceptable. I’m a doctor, you’re a patient. We should cooperate, not create this unpleasant scene.”


Yue Linze watched her struggle, a cynical smile playing on his lips, his eyes filled with indifference.


Seeing herself nearing the door, Tao Yu’s voice rose.  “Mr. Yue, if you let me stay, I guarantee I can heal your leg! I guarantee it! If I can't, I'll give you my head!”


Her last words finally sparked a flicker of interest in Yue Linze’s eyes.  His housekeeper, who knew him best, immediately signaled the guards to release her.


Released so abruptly, Tao Yu’s momentum sent her tumbling forward.  She watched in dismay as Yue Linze drew closer and closer, until she landed on her knees, her head hitting his firm abdomen, her face buried against his thigh. The world went silent.


‘Nice shape,’ Tao Yu thought impassively, after being forced to experience it.


After three seconds of stunned silence, she straightened up, pulled a lollipop from her bag, and calmly asked, “Mr. Yue, want a candy?”


The housekeeper’s face contorted in horror. ‘Wasn’t this doctor a bit too eccentric? Would the sir ever let her stay?’


Yue Linze, however, showed no anger. He simply asked, “What did you just say?”


Tao Yu perked up, stood, and pretended nothing had happened, resuming her professional demeanor. “I can cure you, Mr. Yue. If you let me stay, I can cure you.”


“I meant the last part,” Yue Linze said, his gaze fixed on her.


Tao Yu faltered. Yue Linze looked at the security guards.

Want to read the advanced chapters, or even directly until the end? Click here for more info.
Comments

Comments

Show Comments